Selecting equipment for a home theater is never easy. If we’re really serious about creating home-theater that satisfy our needs, we have to take a lot of factors into consideration, while also keeping to a budget.
The sound of a home theater is maybe the most important since the sound can always make the experience more immersive and intense.
We’re going to show you some of the best home theater subwoofers on the market right now to help you make a good choice. Buying this type of equipment needs you to have patience and always check more than once that you’re making the correct choice.
Best Home Theater Subwoofer Reviews
ELAC Debut 2.0
The ELAC Debut 2.0 is a good choice if you’re trying to get close to the theater feeling due to its 1000W power. It’s very easy to use, and that comes in helpful for users who are not so experienced.
Although, if you want to make sure that the system is perfectly calibrated, this subwoofer allows you to make your own adjustments.
One of the most interesting features that this subwoofer brings is that it has an Auto EQ. That means that you don’t have to worry about calibrating the subwoofer depending on what you’re going to listen to. No matter what type of sound you’re playing, the subwoofer will make sure to bring you a pleasant experience.
It also comes with the possibility of controlling it by Bluetooth, which comes in very handy when you want to make some real time adjustments.
Its adaptability makes it a great choice; you can either watch an action movie or listen to a classical concert and get the same amazing experience. The custom 12” long-throw driver that it comes with makes sure to deliver the sound of the latest movies properly.
- It comes with a great Auto EQ feature that helps deliver perfectly calibrated sound
- The 1000W power comes as a perfect feature to balance quality and quantity
- It can be remotely controlled by Bluetooth, which makes it very accessible at all times
- It’s has a very ingeniously built case that removes unwanted vibrations or sound flaws
- Even though it’s worth it, the price can be a little high for those on a budget
- It functions best with speakers that come from the same manufacturer
BIC America F12
If you’re looking for a smaller but at the same time efficient subwoofer, the BIC America F12 would be a good choice for you. It’s not too small, the 475 watts that it comes with can be more than satisfying for a home theater system. Another key element to this subwoofer is that it has a 5-year manufacturer’s guarantee, which makes for a good investment.
The BIC America F12 is a very appealing subwoofer, the 12-inch injection molded long-throw woofer surely makes it that way. It has inputs for both Dolby Pro Logic and Dolby Digital/DTS and comes with a patented vent that eliminates all port noise.
Its adjustable crossover and volume control are some of the features that offer the user a good way to obtain the precise sound. You can be sure that this subwoofer will enhance your audio experience on every occasion.
- The 475-watt power is very balanced, and it can deliver just enough to make it better
- It has a 5-year warranty so you can be sure the investment is worth it
- The fact that it has no port noise makes it great for silent scenes or music gaps
- Includes adjustable crossover and volume control for increased control
- If you’re looking for a powerful experience, then you should buy it in a pair
Monoprice 12 Inch
If you’re trying to make your home theater just enough so it can offer a pleasant experience, that Monoprice 12 inch can be a very good choice for you.
Even though it doesn’t come with a lot of power, its 200W peak can be more than enough. This subwoofer is ideal for a smaller room or creating a cozy home theater for you and your loved ones.
The Monoprice 12 Inch comes with a 150 Watt RMS and a 200W peak. It’s a 12” high performance powered subwoofer that can bring you that extra sound needed for a more immersive audio experience.
If you’re watching movies, listening to music, or even gaming, this subwoofer is very well-built to make your experience notably better.
It has a splitter that has a 30 feet range so you can position it accordingly, even if the sound source is not in the same spot as the subwoofer. It has a pretty good frequency response as well: 50 ~ 250 Hz.
The best feature it comes with is that it has enough ports to adapt to any type of speaker so, it can easily become the piece in your sound system that makes a difference.
- Very good quality-price ratio, you can have an amazing subwoofer for an affordable price
- It transforms the sound that it receives in order to deliver it as well as possible
- It comes with an Auto-ON function that puts the subwoofer in stand-by when not used
- 50-250 Hz frequency response
- Lacks wireless connection
- The 200W peak may not be enough for some users
SVS SB-3000 Subwoofer
The SVS SB-3000 is one of those models that can very easily satisfy discerning clients. It has a built-in amplifier that can produce a 2500 watts peak.
It has an excellent response rate and delivers raw low-frequencies that can literally shake you. The 18~270 Hz frequency response makes us understand that the manufacturer had big plans with this subwoofer.
If you’re looking for the subwoofer that’s ready to invade your whole space with high-quality sound, this is probably the best choice for you. Its 13-inch driver is more than capable of satisfying a pretty big house party or make a horror movie even more terrifying than it already is.
One of the greatest features is that while you’re having that party, the DJ can do their thing remotely since it has a Bluetooth connection.
One of the other amazing features that we all love is the power it can bring. The 800 watts RMS is already a big thing, but an amplifier that can produce a 2500 watts peak?
This subwoofer is ready to destroy anyone’s expectations. Being able to control it via Bluetooth is a fantastic addition since it comes with its own app.
- The 2500-watt peak that can transform your home into a movie theater or a club
- It can be connected to any sound system and controlled with its designated app
- It was designed in a special way so it could produce high quality and clear sound
- Up to 2,500 watts peak for the best performance
- The price doesn’t serve those that are on a low budget
For those that are trying to transform their house into a smart home, the Sonos Sub could be an excellent choice. This subwoofer comes with a very futuristic design that can really blend into a modern, minimalist interior. If you’re looking to go even further, Sonos also offers wireless speakers that are just as futuristic.
When you’re looking for a subwoofer, it really depends on what you’re planning on doing with it. If it’s music, movies, or gaming, you need to be really sure about what you want.
The Sonos Sub is the type of product that tries to satisfy all needs. It has a subtle yet powerful sound that can make any experience more valuable through good frequencies.
The greatest feature it has is that it’s completely wireless, you can put it anywhere you want in order for you to create your own audio experience. If that’s not enough, think about the fact that the Sonos Sub can be paired to Alexa, which makes this subwoofer very accessible and also a great listener.
- It’s compact and light design makes it easy to place it anywhere in the house
- It can be paired with Alexa, so it’s very easy to access at all times
- It has very good reviews, especially when it comes to the whole Sonos home theater
- It is completely wireless
- It’s not as powerful as a classic subwoofer, may not be satisfying enough for some
- The price is not very accessible for all budgets
The bottom line is that you have to think about what you want from your subwoofer. The best choice you can make to be sure that you’ll be satisfied is definitely the SVS SB-3000 Subwoofer. Because of its roaring power and ingenious design, this subwoofer can adapt to anyone’s needs.
It can generate a lot of power, but it was specially designed to generate quality sound above all else. It can be easily set to your own preferences, so you can get the exact sound that you want.
If you’re not convinced of the SVS SB-3000, the next best choice would be the BIC America F12. Although the SVS cannot be compared, the BIC America F12 is accessible to a wider range of budgets.